Sunday, November 9, 2008

BCS Poll Points

First off I want to apoligize to my readers. I did not come out with my weekend outlook, rather I choose to observe this weekend and then make some comments.

What an interesting weekend on the college gridiron. Iowa's shocker against Penn State, OT needed for Alabama to escape in Baton Rouge, and Texas Tech flexing their muscles against OK State. Sundays are always the best because you get to see the new rankings in the BCS. This week not much of a change other then Penn State Sinking. Few things I did notice when looking over the BCS rankings:

1. The Big 12 and SEC arguably the two best conferences hold the top 5 spots. I am in love with this right now. The problem that lies in this would be those sneaky boys out in Southern California. Sitting in 6th. USC can still make it into the BCS championship game but will need some help. And thier help comes in the form of a Big 12 Championship game. Missouri owns the Big 12 North and to whoever they play, if they are to win will leave a one loss USC team to climb up high in the rankings.

2. I HATE that in most fan polls and the USA TODAY and AP Top 25 poll that Florida is ahead of Texas. WHAT GIVES!!! I'm sorry Texas lost to Texas Tech ( the number 2 team now) in a last play magic by Harrell and Crabtree. Now Florida lost to an UNRANKED Ole Miss team.... I'll say it again UNRANKED. Enough said Texas is ahead of them in the BCS but the margin between them should be bigger.

3. One last thing for the Non BCS teams. That sucks for all of you. Win, win, and win some more. Utah (undeafeted), Boise State (undefeated, Ball State (undefeated), sorry you guys can't get any love in the rankings. I guess a 2 lose BCS team has something you don't.

I want to give a Hooyah!!! To the UB Bulls one victory away from Bowl Eligible, Next two games on the road where they are 1-3 but I hope they can get it done. Keep rolling Turner Gill.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like someone gets bored at work! Maybe you should spend more time finding me a job....thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Followers